Up until now I’ve only had two pieces professionally framed. Since one is a Halloween piece, I really only have one out for anyone to see. And there are days that I see other stitchers’ homes and feel like such a phoney. I’m not sure you would even know a stitcher lived in my house. But, all that is changing.
On Saturday I went and picked up two framed pieces (so I’ve now doubled the amount of framed pieces I have!). I used a little bit of the bonus I got earlier in the year and decided to have one piece framed. Well, then I remembered my little A&E, so I thought “why not bring it along”. And look how well it turned out! I happened upon that little pre-made frame and thought it was perfect. The stitched area is only 2 inches square. (Sorry for the glare in the photo).
But the piece I mainly wanted framed was my Where My Heart Blooms. I was thrilled when I saw how this turned out! And this piece, you may remember, was actually my Valentine’s gift to Eric this year, so I was glad to finally be able to get it framed.
Here is a close up of the frame. It has a little bit of red in it, that looks great with the piece. And the shop owner had this hanging on the wall at the shop and she said a bunch of people were asking about it. Of course, it’s an old Loose Feathers design, so it’s out of print.
We ended up hanging the piece in our bedroom, which is where I envisioned it going. But it’s one lonely piece on a big wall, so it looks a little sad there. I’ll have to get stitching on something else with red in it to add to that wall. I’m thinking a nice sampler would be good. Any suggestions?
And I’m so happy that my A&E wall has begun. It’s a small start, but it’s still a start. I’m hoping to get Margaret Pence framed in January when they have another framing sale. She will look good with these two!
So, it’s not much, but I am thrilled. I’m feeling a little bit more like a real stitcher. Now I just need to finish a big repro sampler and have that framed!
But of course, in the meantime, it’s all Hare Pyns all the time.
I think I made a lot of progress in a week. I finished my leaves, filled in the two side flowers, stitched the bunny (he is so stinkin’ cute!) and added my initials. I’ve started filling in the background, which you can probably see. Once that background is filled in, I’ll be moving onto the back panel. I’m way off my schedule of having a panel done a month, since I’m now into July on that front panel. But, hopefully I can get back on track.
Yesterday, I stitched on ATS as usual, and that is coming along slowly. I think I may be the slowest stitcher ever. Or possibly everyone just has way more time to stitch than I do. Either way, I need to step it up a notch if I’m going to ever get anything finished.
Oh, if you’re interested in seeing my firework photos from the 4th, head over here.
I am grateful for watching the space shuttle launch.