I am still under the weather, but hopefully by the end of the week I will be much improved. That would be nice, since I have lots of things I want to do! I am attempting to keep up with everything though.
First things first, I made this needleminder for Jenna for her birthday. Making and/or sending birthday gifts are a rare thing for me, but I really wanted to do something for Jenna this year. I chose a freebie design from My Aunt’s Attic (Tantes Zolder). I was a little late getting this out in the mail, but Jenna assures me it brightened her day. Happy birthday, Jenna!
Secondly, last night I finished stitching the Shepherd’s Bush ornament I’ve been sporadically working on. I only have two more to stitch! Which reminds me, I need to order the charm for this year’s ornament. I love this one, so much more than the last one I stitched. Maybe I love it because all of the colors, or maybe for the little sheep?
Yesterday I also finished reading the book for my book club (which is Friday…typical Michelle, huh?!). This book was fabulous!! It is about Hans Holbein, the painter, and the family of Thomas More, during the time that Henry VIII was wanting to marry Anne Boleyn. Really a fascinating read. I had to keep referring to Holbein’s paintings while I was reading the book because of all of the hidden meanings and plays on words the book discusses in them. I highly recommend this book. Not sure what I’ll read next, but I’ll be sure to let you know how it is!
Since it’s the end of October, I thought I’d take a quick look at those year end goals I set for myself and see how I’m doing with two months left.
- Finishing on all of my finished but unfinished pieces. I finished the two pinkeeps, fob and wallhanging; still have three pieces to frame
- Finish stitching on Baby Garden and frame to send for Christmas
- Finish Shepherd’s Bush ornaments and make into wall hanging for Christmas finished one of the three I had left
- Stitch and finish 2nd Day of Christmas ornament for Eric kitted up and ready to start
- Get to the halfway mark on Tesori
- Keep up with Neighborhood RR working on Kathy’s right now
- Sew on quilt squares, get ready to start wedding quilt in January have not worked on my quilt squares, but I did get my quilts ready to drop off for quilting
- Blog more consistently – let’s shoot for every other day this was going pretty well until I got sick
- Take stock of my 101 Things List and cross some more things off I’ve crossed one thing off!
- Organize our travel photos – print and make books
- Continue with Home Project, finish three rooms (1 per month) I am waiting on a mat I ordered, and then I will have my October room done
- Read two books per month Only read one this month
- Finish writing my two poems I think I have one finished, but I’m letting it percolate a little while to be sure
- Focus on my fitness, continue my weight loss – meet my end of year goal weight continuing with workouts, definitely seeing a difference in the inches!
- Decorate for the holidays, enjoy and relax! I had fun decorating for Halloween.
I think I’m doing ok, but I’ll have to move it into high gear in order to get everything done by the end of the year. As soon as I get Kathy’s RR finished, I intend to press on with Baby Garden and would like to have it finished by the end of November. That way, I won’t be stressing about finishing it for Christmas (see this is why I don’t stitch gifts very often!!).
Hope you all have a happy Halloween. I wore my snake earrings to work today as my subtle nod to the holiday. I saw a woman on my way to my desk with a bright orange shirt on and jack-o-lantern antennae on her head. Not-so-subtle. Anyway, thought I’d show you this photo from South Street in Philadelphia. I thought the building was interesting. It’s a tattoo parlor.
Tonight we’ll be watching Bram Stoker’s Dracula, in keeping with tradition.
I am grateful for ghoulies and ghosties, long leggity beasties and things that go bump in the night.