As promised, above you can see the finished and framed My Everything. I gave it to Eric on Saturday morning, and he hung it in our bedroom on Sunday. We hung it next to the pewter heart that I bought for him two Valentine’s Days ago. You wouldn’t believe the luck I had with this frame. I went to Joann’s on Thursday night and found this mat and frame that already had “art” in it. It was marked down to $5, and as you can see it is the exact perfect fit for the piece. At the bottom of the piece, you can see my initials and Eric’s initials with a heart in between and then the year. I just love how this turned out and I am so happy I finished it in time to give it to him.
And Eric gave me these gorgeous roses (these are called Freedom), as well as something sparkly. He made a lovely dinner for us Valentine’s evening, and we had some champagne over the weekend too.
After finishing My Everything, I decided to work a little on my Papillon Creations Mystery Sampler (that appeared in the Gift of Stitching in 2006, I think). I started this one in March of 2007. I am stitching it on 32ct Sandcastle by Silkweaver with Vikki Clayton silks. I just love stitching on this piece, but unfortunately some time ago I realized I had made a huge counting error, and I had about six motifs that were in the wrong places. So, I started working on ripping out and restitching. I took the piece to my guild meetings and I would force myself to work on ripping a little each month. Here’s what the piece looked like December of 2007 (only part 2, I had finished part 1 already). The motifs that had to be ripped out and restitched were the D, the windmill, the tree, the rose, the blue diamond and one other motif that I had stitched after this photo was taken.
I picked this back up Thursday night and began doing some more ripping and restitching. I finished up the repair work, and then began moving along to finish up part 2. I have such fun stitching on this piece, and I was just on a roll with it, so I continued stitching along on it over the weekend. Here’s what part 2 is looking like now…
And here’s the whole piece so far. Parts 3 and 4 are the bottom two corners, and then part 5 is the middle, which I think I have three choices for, when I get to it.
I may continue to work on this piece more this week before going back to Dorothy’s Garden. I have a couple new starts on the horizon as well. In the CHS Yahoo group, several of us are going to begin a SAL on March 1st of Adam and Eve. You may remember this chart was part of my New Year’s purchase. I am going to be using the leftover black fabric from the Twilight tag (I will still have enough to make one for me), and I have the NPIs on order.
Also on March 1st, several of us will be beginning a SAL on the Shores of Hawk Run Hollow. I just love this piece, and I’ve been wanting to stitch it for so long. I have had the chart a little while, and I have the fabric on order (I went with 36ct Vintage Autumn Gold) and I am also ordering the NPIs for block 1.
So if you’d like to jump in and join us, please feel free! I hope to get back to my Mermaids this weekend, I missed out on the SAL on Sunday because I was stitching along on my Mystery Sampler. Hope you all have a great week!
I am grateful for enjoying my stitching.