After the mad dash to get my Stacy Nash pre-stitching done, I decided I needed to do some sampler stitching. There are so many beautiful samplers that I want to start, but I’m really trying to keep myself working on my WIPs. So, this is Dorothy. She’s my oldest WIP. Dorothy and I have a bit of a love/hate relationship. I love her so much, but she’s over one on 32ct so there’s only so much of her I can take. But, last Monday I picked her back up and decided that a burst of spring color was what I needed. I’ve been stitching along on the border this past week. I had a minor issue when I picked her back up because I discovered 7 or so of the DMCs I’m using for her have wandered out of her project bag. I’ve looked everywhere and I have absolutely no idea where I’ve put them. So, new DMC was purchased. (Of course, wouldn’t you know it that after I got home with the new DMC, I discovered one more I was missing. Gah!)
Anyway, I’m delighted with how the border looks and especially the little butterfly. Isn’t it darling over one? I was surprised at what a difference the border makes in the overall look of the piece. It really pops that pink, whereas it’s sort of been burgundy predominantly for so long. I’m always nervous about having enough fabric though, so I think I may continue that green vine all the way around just to check everything before I do anymore flowers. I’ve got that big house at the bottom to do too, which I should probably do in smaller chunks so that I don’t get tired of it.
And since I haven’t worked on Miss Dorothy since June of 2009, I thought I’d show you where she was when I left off last time.
Not bad for a week’s worth of stitching, huh? Anyway, I’m enjoying stitching on her and that’s always a good thing. Maybe she will actually be finished some day. And just in case there’s nobody reading that even remembers this piece, it’s Dorothy’s Garden by A Stitcher’s Hands. I am stitching over one on 32ct (no idea what linen this is) with DMC primarily. Pay no attention to the color in the photo from 2009 – the newer photos are a lot more accurate.
Anyway, Sunday was ATS day, so I pulled it out to work on. I went ahead and took a photo before I got started on it, just since it’s been a little while since I’ve showed it.
Yesterday I finished the moon, a few little motifs and continued my border on both sides a little bit. I am now officially done with the top of page 1. I am below the fold! The bottom of page 1 looks pretty intense because there is a lot going on. But, the bonus is two more snakes plus I get to stitch Adam & Eve. It’ll be awhile before I get that far though! But I always enjoy coming back to this piece at the end of each week. It’s a nice change.
I am grateful for a little less pain and a weekend of movie watching.