Thank you so much for tuning in to the Cozyegg flosstube/podcast! In this episode I share a recap of 2016, a new start, Christmas stitching, and my projects for the Year of WIPs challenge.
- Join Emily (eclecticpossessions) and I on Instagram for #dark13stitching where we stitch on something dark and creepy on the 13th of every month
- Join the Hawk Run Hollow SAL hosted by Abi Bellastitch and I – on Instagram you can use the #hrhvillagesal if you’re stitching on Village and/or use the tag #letsallmovetohawkrunhollow for any Hawk Run pieces. Abi set up a Facebook group called Let’s All Move to Hawk Run Hollow if you’d like to join!
Recap of 2016:
19 stitching finishes that included four Anniversaries of the Heart blocks, Hare Pyns, and the By the Light of the Moon block on my Halloween Neighborhood RR
Pulling my Halloween Neighborhood RR out of cold storage and falling in love with it again.
Dark 13 stitching and Dark October stitching
Hawk Run Hollow SAL
Peace on Earth by Blackbird Designs – stitched with GAST and Weeks on 30ct Sheep’s Straw by R&R
New start: Mermaid Fraktur by Plum Street Samplers – stitched with Weeks and Classic Colorworks on 36ct Earthen by PTP, stitching 1 over 2
Year of WIPs Challenge:
Year of WIPs Challenge in the Soulful Stitching Facebook group.
- Le Marquoir de Justine by Anne Pelletier Pauleau – my own conversion to Gloriana, Soie Crystal, and AVAS on 40ct HDF light coffee antiqued with walnut spray – started 2/4/14
- Mystery Sampler by Papillon Creations from The Gift of Stitching magazine – Vikki Clayton HDF on 32ct Sandcastle by Silkweaver – started 3/23/07
- Le Cuisine d’Ete by Echevette – DMC on 32ct Lemon Zest by Silkweaver – started 2/19/2008
- Bay Sampler by The Workbasket – SNC on 28ct Sterling PTP – started 6/18/2006
- Mermaids of the Deep Blue by Mirabilia – DMC on 32ct Ocean Waves by Stitches and Spice – started 1/1/2008
- Mermaid Treasure Box by Chatelaine Designs – silks and Petite Treasure Braid on 32ct White Zweigart – started 9/26/2005
- Anniversaries of the Heart by Blackbird Designs – Classic Colorworks and GAST on 40ct Vintage Examplar – started 6/13/10 – eight of fourteen blocks done
- Mystery IX (Le Potager du Roi) by Chatelaine Designs – silks and Petite Treasure Braid on 32ct Lavender Mist Zweigart – started 1/1/2006
- Village of Hawk Run Hollow by Carriage House Samplings – DMC on 36ct Lakeside Light Examplar – started 9/1/16 – one of twelve blocks done
- Colonial Garden by Plum Street Samplers – NPI on 40ct Black Forest by Lakeside – started 1/9/15
- Primitive Wizard of Oz by Midsummer Night Designs – DMC, Classic Colorworks, and Petite Treasure Braid on 40ct Tissage Gander – started 11/19/2004
- Six Wives of Henry VIII by Primitive Hare – DMC on 40ct Gander linen coffee-dyed – started 7/25/16
Planned New Year’s Day 2017 start: Williamsburg Remembered Sewing Case by Catherine Theron – silk on linen – workshop taken on 3/14/2009.
Above are a few photos of what the finished piece will look like.
PowerSheets Intentional Goal Planner
Finished A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas
Met my GoodReads challenge of reading 25 books in 2016!
Thanks so much for watching. You can subscribe to my YouTube channel and you can also sign up for my newsletter to get an email notification of new posts.
Find me on Ravelry: cozyegg
I’m also on Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Flickr as cozyegg.
Grateful for rediscovering some old WIPs and falling in love with them again.